- Unique mix of French and German culture
- Fine Alsatian cuisine and regional specialities
- Fascinating military history from both World Wars
- Wines of the region
- Picturesque villages with half timbered houses and cobbled streets
Alsace offers distinctive cultural, viticultural, and gastronomic experiences developed through centuries of ping-pong domination between France and Germany.
Today, the unique historic blend provides the walking visitor with unsurpassed richness and diversity from fairy-tale landscapes including pastel-painted villages, Europe's highest concentration of feudal castles to the distinctive Franco-Germanic cuisine and wines.
We walk along part of the famous Alsace Wine Trail, visit a medieval fortress with spectacular views to the Black Forest in Germany, and trek along forest tracks near Obernai and the Vosges Mountains, wining and dining along the way with the finest produce this fascinating area has to offer.
(Single Supplement $655.00)
Hotels - Where we stay
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, cutlure, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with culural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants