- Visit Hidcote Manor Gardens, one of the worlds finest
- Stroll over gently rolling hills and through honey-stone villages
- Visit magnificent Blenheim Palace
- Working sheepdog demonstration by local farmer
- Tour Hook Norton Brewery and sample fine ale
Golden limestone and thatched cottages form the backdrop to this gentle journey through one of England's prettiest regions.
Walking historic footpaths, Roman roads and winding lanes through sleepy villages, we discover the world-class gardens of Hidcote Manor, designed by Lawrence Johnson, and walk through the woods of Batsford House associated with the notorious Mitford sisters.
We eat hearty pub lunches with local ale and meet a shepherd and his sheep dog. We visit the Duke of Marlborough's estate at Blenheim and see the quiet village graveyard in Bladon where Sir Winston Churchill is buried.
We explore the ancient university town of Oxford and try our hand at punting on the river.
(Single Supplement $535.00)
Departure: Oxford Rail Station
Hotels - Where we stay
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, cutlure, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with culural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants