- Visit Hidcote Manor Gardens, one of the worlds finest
- Stroll over gently rolling hills and through honey-stone villages
- Visit magnificent Blenheim Palace
- Watch an impressive display of falconry skills in Batsford
- Tour Hook Norton Brewery and sample fine ale
Golden limestone and thatched cottages form the backdrop to this gentle journey through one of England's prettiest regions. Walking historic footpaths, Roman roads and winding lanes through sleepy villages, we discover the world-class gardens of Hidcote Manor, designed by Lawrence Johnson, and walk through the woods of Batsford House associated with the notorious Mitford sisters.
We eat hearty pub lunches with local ale and learn about the art of free-flying falconry. We visit the Duke of Marlborough's estate at Blenheim and see the quiet village graveyard in Bladon where Sir Winston Churchill is buried.
Sunday Overnight: Cotswold House Hotel
Monday Overnight: Cotswold House Hotel
Tuesday Overnight: The Sheep on Sheep Street
Wednesday Overnight: The Sheep on Sheep Street
Thursday Overnight: Macdonald Bear Hotel
Friday Overnight: Macdonald Bear Hotel
(Single Supplement $565.00)
Departure: Oxford Bus and Rail Stations
Hotels - Where we stay
Cotswold House Hotel
This 19th-century former wool merchant's house has been transformed into one of the Cotswolds' finest small hotels. Retaining the elegance and character of this Regency townhouse, the luxuriously appointed bedrooms have everything you would hope to find including ensuite bathroom with bath or power shower, hairdryer, satellite TV and DVD entertainment system, direct dial phone, complimentary broadband access, tea & fresh coffee-making facilities and minibar. Wi-fi internet access is only available in the reception area.The walled garden is both a delight to wander and is a supplier of fresh produce to the highly-regarded restaurant. In the Temple Spa, guests are invited to dip into the hydrotherapy pool, relax in the hammam room, indulge in a massage, facial, pedicure or select from a menu of holistic treatments using high quality products from the nationally renowned Temple Spa range. Please note you have to walk outside to reach the Spa as it is located in a converted coach house in the rear garden.
The Sheep on Sheep Street
Set in the historic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold, amid the warm honey coloured Cotswold stone buildings and rolling countryside, this beautiful 17th Century hotel has been justly renowned for its warm hospitality and fine dining. Having recently undergone extensive refurbishment, The Sheep on Sheep Street revealed its new, sophisticated look, along with its new name in July 2016. All the bedrooms are decorated with stylish simplicity to a high standard and feature an ensuite bathroom with rainfall shower, TV, phone, hair dryer, free WiFi internet access and coffee/team-making facilities. The ground floor of the Sheep now has a more open-plan design giving an airy, contemporary feel and plenty of dining space.
Macdonald Bear Hotel
Once visited by Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, the Macdonald Bear Hotel is one of the finest 4-star hotels in Oxfordshire. Set in the pretty town of Woodstock, in what was once a 13th century coaching inn, the hotel combines history and culture with modern facilities and is within easy reach of the historic city of Oxford.The hotels award-winning restaurant offers excellent dining and the bar serves the finest ales. The comfortable bedrooms are individually styled, traditionally furnished in-keeping with the ambience, and feature en-suite bathroom, work desk, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, TV and Wi-fi.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, beer tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants