- Walk in the footsteps of the Roman Legions who defended Hadrians Wall
- Remote and magnificent countryside the best of Englands far North
- Visit William Wordsworths homes near Grasmere
- Visit Beatrix Potters garden
- Walking in the beautiful Lake District the inspiration of poets, painters and philosophers
The landscape that inspired Wordsworth and Coleridge is our home for this journey across the romantic Lake District and rugged Northumberland.
Following the course of Hadrian's Wall, we trek through wild, unpopulated country, climbing low fells and high crags, crossing open moorland and following remote bridleways. We see the remains of Roman towns, bath houses and military forts, meander through sleepy northern villages and eat hearty pub lunches.
A highlight of this trip is our time at Lake Windermere, the largest and most impressive of the lakes. We also visit Rydal Mount, Wordsworth's elegant home, and Beatrix Potter's garden at Hill Top.
(Single Supplement $535.00)
Departure: Oxenholme Rail Station