- Hike along the South West Coastal Path on the spectacular North Cornish Coast and through beautiful rolling farmland and open country, designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Immerse yourself in mystery and legend with a visit to King Arthurs birthplace at Tintagel Castle, and the Arthurian Centre at Slaughterbridge.
- Explore lovely Port Isaac, the fictional Port Wenn in the TV series Doc Martin.
- Discover Cornish mining history and the glorious coast that inspired the Poldark series of novels and where the recent TV drama was filmed.
- Taste the wine at one of Englands foremost vineyards, visit beautiful restored Victorian gardens and admire a perfect Elizabethan manor house.
Storms and pounding surf have shaped the wildly beautiful scenery of this northern coast of Cornwall where we hike the South West Coastal Path and discover tiny coves surrounded by towering cliffs and historic small harbors.
Centuries of legend still hold sway in this land of King Arthur and as well as the ancient, ruined Tintagel castle, we explore the picturesque settings for TVs Poldark and Doc Martin.
We see the haunting relics of Cornwalls mining past; visit a beautiful manor house; find an exotic restored garden; taste the produce of an award-winning vineyard and, of course, sample a famous Cornish cream tea!
Sunday Overnight: The Longcross Hotel
Monday Overnight: The Longcross Hotel
Tuesday Overnight: St Enodoc Hotel
Wednesday Overnight: St Enodoc Hotel
Thursday Overnight: The Rose in Vale Hotel
Friday Overnight: The Rose in Vale Hotel
(Single Supplement $565.00)
Departure: Truro Rail Station
Hotels - Where we stay
The Longcross Hotel
Set in almost four acres of its own grounds and gardens, overlooking some 20 miles of the North Cornwall coast, the Longcross has been thoughtfully converted from a Victorian gentlemans residence into a secluded boutique hotel. The beautiful Long Cross Victorian Gardens, next to the hotel, retain their original layout and the hotel is named after the ancient stone standing near the east gate which once guided pilgrims to a nearby monastery. The 15 guest rooms have been recently and beautifully refurbished and all rooms have private bathrooms, central heating, flat screen television, tea and coffee making facilities and broadband access. The glass-walled Longcross Restaurant offers diners exceptional views of the coastline while they enjoy a menu featuring the best of contemporary cuisine.
St Enodoc Hotel
A classic seaside hotel re-invented, the St Enodoc overlooks the Camel estuary with sweeping views across the water. The emphasis is on comfort, design and great food. A chic, yet comfortable, boutique hotel, its light and airy with original art decorating the walls, complimented by Cornish slate and granite in the drawing room and reception. There is a spa and an outdoor heated pool (May to September). All the rooms are en suite, well-equipped and in contemporary style. Award-winning chef Nathan Outlaw is in charge of food. The hotel has two restaurants, which specialize in the freshest fish and seafood.
The Rose in Vale Hotel
Tucked away in a valley by the sea, Rose in Vale is a Georgian gentlemans residence now carefully transformed into a hotel offering style and comfort in a tranquil environment. The 22 rooms blend ornate Georgian architecture with every modern convenience. Each has individually controlled central heating, a beverage tray, TV, radio, hairdryer and en suite bathroom. For the elegant Dining Room restaurant, the team of chefs prepares delicious fare, using the best of locally-sourced Cornish ingredients.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants