- Tour of Belfast and insight into The Troubles
- Spectacular coastal walking around The Giant's Causeway
- Ferry trip to wild Rathlin Island
- The Gobbins dramatic and exhilarating coastal walk (Note: this is currently rendered unsafe due to landslides and undergoing essential repairs. If not reinstated, we will enjoy more of the spectacular Causeway coast instead).
The delights of Antrim and its coast encompass some of the UK's finest visual experiences such as the iconic Giant's Causeway and Rathlin Island with its colony of seals competing for attention with the haunting cries of seabirds soaring and diving around rugged cliffs.
Sunday Overnight: Ballygally Castle
Monday Overnight: Ballygally Castle
Tuesday Overnight: Bushmills Inn Hotel
Wednesday Overnight: Bushmills Inn Hotel
Thursday Overnight: Bushmills Inn Hotel
Friday Overnight: The Merchant Hotel
(Single Supplement $565.00)
Departure: Belfast City Airport and Belfast International Airport
Hotels - Where we stay
Perched on the tip of one of the greatest road journeys, the Causeway Coastal Route, sits a 17th castle called Ballygally Castle. Originally built in 1625, it has a fascinating history. It has glorious views over the golden sands of Ballygally Bay towards Scotland and is just a small distance from the 9 Glens of Antrim and the Giants Causeway. The original period rooms have been sympathetically and cleverly updated to retain the enchanting charm of the original castle. Each bedroom has its own style and charm and offers ensuite bathroom, phone, TV, tea/coffee-making facilities and hairdryer. The Garden Restaurant serves up a range of delicious dishes, many using the finest local produce.
Guests at Ballygally Castle can enjoy the use of Cairndhu Golf Course, with its magnificent coastal views. Only 2 miles from the hotel, tee off times and preferred green fees can be arranged by the hotel. Other excellent courses nearby include Portstewart, Castlerock and Masserene.
Bushmills Inn Hotel
This award-winning hotel & restaurant has very successfully recreated its origins as the oldest Coaching Inn and Mill House dating back to 1608. Located in the same village as the worlds oldest distillery, between the Giants Causeway and Royal Portrush Golf Club, this hotel excels in providing an inherently warm, welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. The rooms are spacious and include telephone, TV, radio, hospitality tray, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, trouser presser, room safe and connection for modem or fax. Overlooking the garden courtyard, the award-winning restaurant takes in the original 17th century stables and wine cellar. The Taste of Ulster restaurant welcomes visitors for an imaginatively planned selection of dishes with a unique blend of classical and new Irish cuisine. Relax and savour the atmosphere of the Victorian bar and sample a glass of 25 year-old Bushmills malt whiskey from the hotels private cask.
The Merchant Hotel
One of Belfasts most renowned and best-loved buildings, the Merchant Hotel is the former headquarters of the Ulster Bank and a prime example of High Victorian architecture. It is located in the beautiful Cathedral Quarter, one of the oldest parts of the city. A luxury hotel with elegant rooms furnished with elegant Victorian or Art Deco styling, it also features a spa and gym. Each guest room enjoys full air-conditioning, free WiFi, blackout blinds or curtains, hospitality trays, fridge, television, hairdryer, robes and slippers, safe and multimedia hub. Diners in the Great Room Restaurant can enjoy the remarkable original Victorian interior topped by a glass cupola (the largest chandelier in Ireland), while savoring the imaginative menus which use the finest seasonal ingredients.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants