- Day-long tour of D-Day Landings site
- Visit to the US cemetery
- Overnight stay in Mont St Michel and tour of the famous abbey
- Sample calvados, apple cider and icecream
- See the Bayeux Tapestry
History buffs will love this Walk, which includes a day-long tour of the D-Day Landings site and a visit to the US cemetery. We visit the scene of the largest airborne night assault in history, the center of the US 82nd Pointe du Hoc where the battery has been left as it was on D-Day.
A Walk highlight is our overnight stay in Mont St Michel and a tour of the famous abbey. Our stay here gives us the luxury of exploring the famous islet in the peace of the evening after the crowds have gone home.
Back on the mainland, a stroll though Normandys famous bocage, a picture postcard landscape of woods, meadows and orchards, enables us to sample the renowned local apple brandy and ice-cream.
(Single Supplement $655.00)
Hotels - Where we stay
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, cutlure, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with culural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants