- Hike on Mount Etna's smouldering flanks
- Walking tour of Siracusa where St Paul preached
- Experience lovely Taormina and visit the Greek amphitheater
- Explore wilderness area of coastal marshlands
- View the baroque magnificence of Noto
Sicily's pathways are timeless from the uplands of Ragusa, the gorge of Cava d'Ispica and the stunning Greek legacy in Siracusa, to Taormina where Roman nobility built their villas.
Walking in sight of the sea almost every day we hike Mount Etna's smoldering flanks, stroll the shore front in Siracusa, once a capital of Classical antiquity, and enjoy spectacular birdlife and coastal walking in the Vendicari Nature Reserve.
And the food! Try arancino - a meal-in-itself golden rice ball - for lunch, an unbelievable selection of the freshest seafood for dinner, and treat yourself to luscious cannoli at any time!
Sunday Overnight: Casa Talia Hotel
Monday Overnight: Casa Talia Hotel
Tuesday Overnight: Antico Hotel Roma
Wednesday Overnight: Antico Hotel Roma
Thursday Overnight: Hotel Monte Tauro
Friday Overnight: Hotel Monte Tauro
(Single Supplement $595.00)
Departure: Catania Airport
Hotels - Where we stay
Casa Talia Hotel
Casa Talia is a unique concept “ a boutique hotel composed of a series of tiny former village houses, hewn out of the rock, surrounding beautiful gardens. The rooms all have a private terrace and independent entrance from the garden, with panoramic views of the baroque jewel of Modica below. All have been simply and tastefully decorated and furnished with colors and materials reflecting the cultures and regions of the Mediterranean that have left their mark on Sicily. Each is equipped with ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning, a safe, digital TV, WiFi internet connection and a mini-bar. Leisurely breakfasts are taken al fresco in the pretty garden, enjoying the breathtaking views of the city and in the shade of fig and olive trees.
Antico Hotel Roma
Overlooking Piazza Minerva, the Antico Hotel Roma was founded in 1880 and is located in the heart of the historic town. The outdoor tables and chairs placed just outside in Piazza Minerva and the large indoor patio create the perfect environment to enjoy a morning coffee. The hotels unique interior has a strong Sicilian style with the same limestone used for the Greek temples and Baroque palaces. Furnished with expensive fabrics and furniture made of highly prized woods, the bedrooms are always light and spacious. Most have a small balcony overlooking Piazza Minerva, Via Roma or the interior courtyard and are equipped with an ensuite bathroom in hand-enameled volcanic rock, hair dryer, Wi-Fi connection and satellite TV. The hotel also has a fitness area with Technogym equipment and a Finnish sauna.
Hotel Monte Tauro
Just a short walk away from the town centre and the Greco-Roman theatre, this hotel overlooks the Sicilian sea and offers a view that spans all the way from the Gulf of Naxos to the Mt. Etna volcano. Following extensive restoration work this building still retains its sophisticated modern character. Its new design and the use of exclusive materials have given it a new image: exotic wood for the floors of rooms and terraces, diffuse illumination designed following ecological principles and special plaster that gives a silk effect for walls and ceilings. The swimming pool overlooks the spectacular panorama of the coast of Taormina and rooms are fully equipped with private bathroom, air conditioning, satellite TV, radio, phone, internet access, safe and minibar. The restaurant offers a spectacular view of the Gulf of Naxos and Mt. Etna and the chef prepares a Mediterranean cuisine with particular attention to the region's typical products.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants