- Explore dramatic mountain landscapes
- Admire the magnificent restoration of Baroque Dresden
- Guided boat tour up Prebischtor Gorge
- Marvel at the unique crystal sculptures in the world-renowned Lindava glassworks
- Picture-postcard villages of unspoiled timber-framed houses
We meet in beautiful Prague and head out into an unspoiled landscape of picture postcard villages with old, timber-framed houses and painted wooden churches. Dramatic mountain landscapes frame amazing views and we take advantage of trams and narrow gauge railways to help us climb some of the steeper inclines! Our route takes us deep into the heart of "Saxon Switzerland", a wilderness area of great beauty with wild forests, sandstone plateaus and rocky gorges. It is one of the last untouched areas of natural forest in Europe and is home to a range of rare animal and bird species such as otters and eagle owls. Dresden is our goal and, when we reach the city, we have a full day to explore the baroque splendour of its magnificently restored center.
Sunday Overnight: Hotel Jitrava
Monday Overnight: Hotel Jitrava
Tuesday Overnight: Hotel Altes Kurhaus
Wednesday Overnight: Hotel Altes Kurhaus
Thursday Overnight: Hotel Elbresidenz
Friday Overnight: Hotel Elbresidenz
Saturday Overnight: Gewandhaus Dresden
(Single Supplement $565.00)
Hotels - Where we stay
The all-suite Hotel Jitrava has a unique setting with beautiful views and a superb location within easy reach of several outstanding golf courses and hiking trails. The hotel is exceptional for its amenities which are the best in the region. Each suite is individually designed and equipped with air conditioning, TV, phone, hair dryer, safe and garden view. WiFi is available in some rooms and, in others, the hotel will lend guests an internet cable. A pioneer in promoting local specialties, the restaurant features organic lamb meat from the hotel's own breeders and game from private hunters. All herbs and produce are home-grown and the menu features the freshest seasonal ingredients. Spa facilities include a Finnish sauna, an infrared sauna, hot tub and a range of massages are available.
Hotel Altes Kurhaus
Located in the spa region of the Zittau Mountains, this friendly, cosy hotel offers comfort and peaceful surroundings. All bedrooms are equipped with ensuite bathroom with shower or bath, hairdryer, telephone, satellite TV, safe, WiFi internet access, mini-bar and coffee-tea station. Chef, Andre Bach, uses only fresh ingredients with an emphasis on locally sourced produce to create delicious meals. The hotel's Wellness area is accessible by lift and includes an indoor swimming pool and sauna.
Set in an impressive range of elegant riverside buildings dating from the 17th century, this charming hotel has been recently fully and sympathetically restored around a series of courtyards. The guest rooms overlook an atrium, the River Elbe or the market square of this historic thermal spa town in Saxon Switzerland. Each room offers free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV, hairdryer, safe and minibar. The hotels spa offers a choice of luxury treatments. Diners in the two restaurants can enjoy breathtaking views of the river while they enjoy regional and international cuisine or the sumptuous breakfast buffet.
Located in the historic heart of the city, this is one of Dresden's premier hotels and is an ideal city centre retreat. It is named after the German word for 'weaver' as it occupies the former home of the weavers guild, Cloth Hall. Bedroom amenities include a marble bathroom, large bed, hair dryer, coffee and tea facilities, fax/PC connections, WiFi Internet access, climate control, mini bar, safe, TV and radio.Guests can relax and enjoy the beautiful indoor swimming pool, sauna and fitness room in the on-site wellness center.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants