- Cruise on the mighty River Elbe
- Explore dramatic mountain landscapes
- Admire the magnificent restoration of Baroque Dresden
- Guided boat tour up Prebischtor Gorge
- Picture-postcard villages of unspoiled timber-framed houses
We meet in beautiful Prague and head out into an unspoiled landscape of picture postcard villages with old, timber-framed houses and painted wooden churches. Dramatic mountain landscapes frame amazing views and we take advantage of trams and narrow gauge railways to help us climb some of the steeper inclines!
Our route takes us deep into the heart of Saxon Switzerland, a wilderness area of great beauty with wild forests, sandstone plateaus and rocky gorges. Its one of the last untouched areas of natural forest in Europe and is home to a range of rare animal and bird species such as otters and eagle owls.
Dresden is our goal and when we reach the city, we have a full day to explore the baroque splendour of its magnificently restored center. Our tour includes an atmospheric lunch cruise on the mighty River Elbe.
(Single Supplement $565.00)
Hotels - Where we stay
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, cutlure, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with culural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants