- See Palladio's masterpieces
- Escape the crowds in hidden Venice
- Visit First World War battlefields
- Explore the foothills of the Dolomites
- Sample speciality cheese, grappa and prosecco
The medieval town of Vicenza is our starting point for this varied Walk through the celebrated Veneto region of Italy.
The opulence of the Venetian empire is contrasted with the trenches and tunnels of the First World War as we journey across alpine meadows, and through mountain villages and woods. We take a private boat tour of Venice, visit two of Palladio's magnificent villas and explore old Marostica, still surrounded by its ancient walls.
In the mountain resort of Asiago we taste the famous cheese; in Bassano we sample grappa at the Nardini distillery and cross the wooden Palladian bridge, Ponte degli Alpini.
Sunday Overnight: Hotel Europa Residence
Monday Overnight: Hotel Europa Residence
Tuesday Overnight: Hotel Europa Residence
Wednesday Overnight: Albergo al Sole
Thursday Overnight: Albergo al Sole
Friday Overnight: Hotel Villa del Poggio
(Single Supplement $635.00)
Hotels - Where we stay
Hotel Europa Residence
Situated in the center of Asiago in the middle of the no-traffic area and facing the "G.B. Pertile square", Hotel Europa is one of the most renowned traditional alpine hotels of the region. Every room is equipped with a small fridge, satellite TV, radio, safe, telephone, Internet connection, hair-dryer and shower box with whirlpool tub. The hotel's wellness center features sauna, Turkish bath and aromatherapy treatments. Hotel Europa's lovely restaurant boasts dining al fresco in the summer and creatively prepared local cuisine.
Albergo al Sole
The Albergo al Sole is a historic landmark on the main square in Asolo and its full restoration was completed 1996. The hotel facilities include "Technogym" fitness room, massage, room service, laundry services, and wireless broadband internet access in all the hotel's common areas. The hotel's 23 rooms have en-suite bathrooms with Jacuzzi showers or antique style bath-tubs, air conditioning, flat screen LCD television, mini-bar, safe, hairdryer, telephone and modem direct lines. Perched on a hilltop, the 'La Terrazza' (The Terrace) Bar and Restaurant offers a unique view of the bustling activity of the town of Asolo.
Hotel Villa del Poggio
From its privileged position, Hotel Villa del Poggio offers a panoramic view of the hills and vineyards where the famous Prosecco wine is produced. From the terrace guests can enjoy the wonderful landscape, as far as the eye can see. Decorated in cool, contemporary style, it provides a calm retreat with plenty of opportunity for relaxation and a spa with a Turkish bath, Finnish sauna and sensory shower. Each of the 28 guest rooms has bathrobes, slippers, a hair-dryer, mini-bar with complimentary water, TV, WiFi, safe, coffee/tea maker. The restaurant combines the rural tranquility of Prosecco country with the lure of the sea, in its gourmet menu, highlighting seafood and local specialties.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants