- Take an unforgettable hike across the blue ice of the Folgefonna glacier.
- Taste local specialties of apple cider and Norwegian 'brown cheese' on the farm most famous for its production.
- Learn about life across the centuries in rural Norway and hear a tune from the famous Hardanger fiddles at the open-air Folk Museum.
- Hike the Fruit Trail through vast orchards of apple pear, plum and even cherry trees.
- Visit Tyssedal and discover how Norway harnesses the power of the mountains.
Magnificent mountains and serene fjords provide an invigorating setting for our Norway Walk. We hike the trails around the breathtaking Western Fjords. We taste the local apple cider and sample the famous Norwegian 'brown cheese'. We walk across the blue ice of the Folgefonna glacier and explore the fascinating Hardanger Folk Museum, discovering more about the local way of life across the centuries. We visit a Staves Church and walk through high meadows filled with wildflowers and fresh forests of pine and beech and acres of fruit orchards. Small ferries are an enjoyable necessity in this coastal region and we use many to wend our way across this lovely country.
Saturday Overnight: Hotel Kviknes
Sunday Overnight: Hotel Kviknes
Monday Overnight: Hotel Kviknes
Tuesday Overnight: Ullensvang Hotel
Wednesday Overnight: Ullensvang Hotel
Thursday Overnight: Ullensvang Hotel
Friday Overnight: Ullensvang Hotel
(Single Supplement $750.00)
Hotels - Where we stay
This 'Swiss' style hotel is beautifully located beside the Sognefjord and has been run by Kvikne family since 1877. It has been newly renovated and now it is a modern hotel with old-world charm and atmosphere. The Hotel Kviknes is graced with an extensive collection of artwork and antiques, which have been collected by four generations of the family, giving it a special style. Among other facilities, the hotel features free-access sauna, terrace and dining room with stunning fjord views.Each elegant bedroom in the historic building is individual in character with a spectacular view or the Sognefjord, and all offer ensuite bathroom, hair dryer, cable TV and Wi-Fi.
Ullensvang is a family-owned hotel situated on the waterfront along Hardanger Fjord. With striking views over the fjord and Folgefonna glacier, it is partly surrounded by Norways largest fruit orchard. The restaurant offers the highest quality Norwegian and international food with an emphasis on local ingredients. Guests have free access to the extensive activity center, Fjord garden and private beach area. Each bedroom has either mountain or Fjord view, is exquisitely decorated and equipped with Satellite TV, radio, minibar and hairdryer. Ullensvang has Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants