- Walking the coastal paths of Cape St Vincent - the south-westernmost point of Europe
- Local cuisine featuring fresh seafood
- Day-long expedition to Foia, the highest point in the Algarve range
- Exploring colorful Carrapateira and the fishing village of Olhao
- Stunning coastal walking with views of the wild Atlantic Ocean
To the Arabs who once ruled here, The Algarve “ Al Gharb (The West) was the end of the world. Today this stunning coastline is a world away from the busy resorts in the east. The wind brushes coastal paths and miles of glorious beaches, which curve into perfect, peaceful swimming coves. Inland, old Portugal still exists, with white villages and carob, fig and almond trees. This is a landscape of nationally protected nature reserves, pristine beaches, wild coastlines, jagged cliffs, and is home to Europes south-western most point, Cabo de Sao Vicente (Cape St Vincent).
Sunday Overnight: Hotel Eva
Monday Overnight: Villa Termal Monchique Spa Resort
Tuesday Overnight: Villa Termal Monchique Spa Resport
Wednesday Overnight: Hotel Mira Sagres
Thursday Overnight: Pousada Infante de Sagres
Friday Overnight: Pousada Infante de Sagres
(Single Supplement $635.00)
Hotels - Where we stay
Located in the heart of Faro, light and airy Hotel Eva offers a superb view of the picturesque marina and the sea. The bedrooms are decorated in cool, contemporary tones and offer en suite bathrooms, air conditioning, safe, hairdryer, LCD TV, phone, minibar, desk, WiFi and cable internet access. To relax, there is a terrace swimming pool and a health club.
Villa Termal Monchique Spa Resort
Resembling a white village nestled among the Natural Park of Serra de Monchique, Villa Termal is an elegant and charming spa hotel, ranged across five unique lodgings, furnished with 18th and 19th century pieces. The rooms are tastefully decorated and each offers en suite facilities, air-conditioning, television and telephone. With a courtyard surrounded by trees, the Villa????????s Restaurant 1692 offers local, fresh produce, presenting creative modern Portuguese cuisine. The thermal and hydrotherapy spas offer a range of treatments using the natural alkaline waters from the Monchique hills.
Hotel Mira Sagres
Inspired by traditional Portuguese architecture, the hotel, next to the villages 16th century mother church, has preserved its antique facades. All 20 rooms have en suite facilities, satellite TV, mini-bar, air conditioning, hairdryer, safe and terrace/balcony. The rooms facing south are decorated in tones of blue, similar to the sky and the sea, while the rooms facing north are decorated in brown shades, reflecting the surrounding countryside. The hotel spa features a sauna, a massage room and comfortable loungers along the heated indoor pool area which has a retractable roof.
Pousada Infante de Sagres
The Sagres Pousada is located on the cliff tops overlooking the Atlantic, yet within walking distance of the fishing town of Sagres. This modern Pousada has a maritime feel and no wonder with spectacular views towards Forteleza Sagres, the Sagres Fortress, built atop Sagres Peninsulas southern tip to protect the town from North African raiders and where Prince Henry the Navigator devised his 15th century expeditions to the uncharted seas around the western side of Africa heralding in the golden era of Portugal exploration. Sitting by the magnificent swimming pool, above a beautiful sandy beach, guests are completely removed from the hustle and bustle of daily life. The Hotel Sagres has 51 rooms many with superb sea views. All rooms have air conditioning/heating, minibar, bathrobes, hairdryer, safe, telephone, cable TV and some have internet access. The restaurant of the Pousada Sagres has earned an excellent reputation for its cuisine featuring local produce and seafood.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants