- Incredible caves and river canyons
- Pure mountain air of the Julian Alps
- Discover beautiful Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj
- Strong local culture, unchanged for centuries
- Spectacular natural landscape
Slovenia's historic capital city, Ljubljana, is the starting point for this journey through one of Europe's most unspoilt and diverse landscapes.
Taking in the Julian Alps and the vast underground caves of Postojna, we meander through flower-filled meadows and along the blue-green shores of Lake Bled. We discover cheese-making, bee-keeping and traditional lace, enjoy spectacular waterfalls and gorges, explore ancient castles and breathe Slovenia's pristine air.
A highlight of this Walk is a boat-trip across Lake Bohinj, in the protected waters of Triglav National Park, where we discover the many myths and legends that surround the mystical Bohinj valley.
(Single Supplement $565.00)
Hotels - Where we stay
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, cutlure, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with culural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants