- Walk in Cairngorm National Park,jewel of the highlands
- Walking tour of Culloden Battlefield
- Visit 750-year-old Blair Castle
- Whisky tasting
- Walking tour of the historic Old Town of Edinburgh
Travel through Scotland's turbulent and intriguing history while enjoying the contrasting and rich scenery of the Central Highlands arriving finally in Edinburgh, the ancient capital.
From Culloden Moor where Highland life changed forever, to the mountainous splendour of the Cairngorm National Park, then the dramatic contrasts of the lower hills, glens and forests, we see ancient standing stones and pass scenes of historic conflicts.
We explore the estate of the Dukes of Atholl and visit their ancient family home, Blair Castle, set in the most beautiful grounds, with an option of seeing how Scotland's malt whisky is made in a nearby distillery.
We finish our journey in Edinburgh first with a walk down the Royal Mile followed by a climb to the top of Arthur's Seat for panoramic views of the capital city of Scotland.
As for refreshment, we will dine on the freshest Scottish produce including salmon and local Angus beef and - to finish on a high note - we will enjoy a private whisky tasting evening.
(Single Supplement $655.00)
Hotels - Where we stay
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, cutlure, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with culural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants