- Guided tours of Siena and Orvieto
- Visit medieval studio workshops
- Walk through the vineyards of Chianti Classico
- Olive oil tasting at ancient monastery
- Visit the Basilica of St Francis in Assisi, A UNESCO World Heritage Site
If Tuscany is a legend, Umbria is a little-known medieval fable, its green heart beating in the shadow of its more famous neighbor. Our Walk combines the Tuscan hills, vineyards and Renaissance cities with a journey through the bucolic landscapes and enchanting lakes of Umbria.
We traverse a romantic landscape of mountains, rolling hills and deep valleys; walking on white roads that dip between hilltop towns, or shady forest tracks.
We savor private tastings of Chianti and Sagrantino wine, olive oil and honey, explore the glories of Siena, Assisi and Orvieto, discover awe-inspiring frescoes and visit the hill-top treasures of Cortona and Montefalco.
Sunday Overnight: Hotel Villa Zuccari
Monday Overnight: Hotel Villa Zuccari
Tuesday Overnight: Villa Marsili
Wednesday Overnight: Villa Marsili
Thursday Overnight: Castello Di Spaltenna
Friday Overnight: Castello Di Spaltenna
(Single Supplement $595.00)
Departure: Siena Rail Station
Hotels - Where we stay
Hotel Villa Zuccari
The Hotel Villa Zuccari, in the San Luca district of Montefalco, is a large country house. The building's oldest wing dates back to the late 16th century while the facade and the general layout date back to the 1800's. All rooms have king sized beds and are equipped with the latest technologies: Air Conditioning, Internet, Satellite TV, Safe, Hair Dryer etc. There is also a laundry service available and a 24 hour bar. The restaurant offers a completely traditional menu, with seasonal and local ingredients, favouring the regional cuisine and home-made pasta. The villa is surrounded by centuries-old trees and grounds that extend over an area of 40,000 square metres, where guests can enjoy the 20 x 10 metre deck-level overflow swimming pool.
The Villa Marsili is situated within the old walls of the town and dates back to the 14th Century, on the site of the former church of the Madonna degli Alemanni. The building occupies a commanding, scenic position within the walls and retains all the grace and charm of its original architecture. The hotel's luxurious bedrooms all have air-conditioning, internet access, minibar, safe, satellite television and hairdryer.
Castello Di Spaltenna
Offering wonderful comfort and views over the valley or the cloister, from the grassy terraces in front of the castle, guests can enjoy the calm of the countryside and beauty of the surrounding landscape. The inside of the Castle is comfortable, elegant and sophisticated with 30 rooms and 8 suites, all equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV and mini-bar, hairdryer and en-suite facilities. Guests can also enjoy one of the two swimming pools. Chef Fabrizio Borraccino is inspired by a cuisine linked to the territory to create and match unique dishes which change according to the season and are presented with a professional, attentive and friendly service. Sauna, Turkish bath and gym, tennis court, billiard and wellness centre, complete the list of possible leisure activities available at Spaltenna. For horse-riding lovers it is possible to rent horses not far from Spaltenna; trekking and biking lovers will find endless options for routes around the castle. A golf club is also available at one-hour distance.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants