- Rich landscape, brilliant light and exquisite villages
- Learn how to prepare Tuscan farmhouse specialities
- Visit the caves where St Francis lived
- Organic wine tasting in renowned Brunello region
- Cycle on the historic Sentiero della Bonifica
Italian Renaissance sprang from the rich landscape of Tuscany - its green and golden hills, groves of cypress and olive trees, brilliant light and exquisite cities. From this rich earth comes the acclaimed cuisine of Tuscany, one of the world's healthiest. Feast on olive oil, Tuscan beans, vegetables, fish, pasta, crostini, risotto, handmade cheeses, succulent beef and wild boar. Hearty, honest and subtle, the food, like the country, is a revelation.
We walk in a UNESCO world heritage site, explore the medieval treasures of Montalcino in the heart of the Brunello wine country, enjoy a wine tasting at an organic farm and delight in a lesson about Tuscan cooking.
Sunday Overnight: Palazzo del Capitano
Monday Overnight: Palazzo del Capitano
Tuesday Overnight: Palazzo del Capitano
Wednesday Overnight: Etruria Resort
Thursday Overnight: Etruria Resort
Friday Overnight: Etruria Resort
(Single Supplement $595.00)
Departure: Arezzo Rail Station
Hotels - Where we stay
Palazzo del Capitano
Located at the peak of this ancient walled, hilltop town, the hotel is snuggled amongst a maze of buildings and yet also offers tranquil outside space in its lovely Garden of Eden. The charming bedrooms are furnished in typical Tuscan style characterized by warm colors with particular attention to detail. Each is equipped with satellite TV, radio, minibar, safe, phone, hairdryer, bathroom with crystal shower, air conditioning and heating. The restaurant guarantees the finest quality food featuring a variety of local dishes and Tuscan delicacies. The Cave of Venus Spa offers guests secluded corners for private Wellness and relaxation.
A charming hotel, once a noble gentlemans villa, built in 1800, it has been thoughtfully renovated to reflect its origins while providing all modern conveniences. Surrounded by extensive grounds, including a secret garden, with an outdoor pool and a spa providing a wide range of pampering treatments, the hotel is in the heart of the land of the vino nobile di Montepulciano. Elegant and comfortable rooms, each individually furnished and decorated, offer a hairdryer, WiFi, satellite TV, safe, minibar, telephone, heating and air-conditioning. The chefs in the La Corte di Bacco restaurant prepare the best of Tuscan cuisine using the famous local olive oil and produce.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants