- Rich landscape, brilliant light and exquisite villages
- Learn how to prepare Tuscan farmhouse specialities
- Visit the caves where St Francis lived
- Organic wine tasting in renowned Brunello region
- Cycle on the historic Sentiero della Bonifica
Italian Renaissance sprang from the rich landscape of Tuscany - its green and golden hills, groves of cypress and olive trees, brilliant light and exquisite cities. From this rich earth comes the acclaimed cuisine of Tuscany, one of the world's healthiest. Feast on olive oil, Tuscan beans, vegetables, fish, pasta, crostini, risotto, handmade cheeses, succulent beef and wild boar. Hearty, honest and subtle, the food, like the country, is a revelation.
We walk in a UNESCO world heritage site, explore the medieval treasures of Montalcino in the heart of the Brunello wine country, enjoy a wine tasting at an organic farm and delight in a lesson about Tuscan cooking.
Sunday Overnight: La Bandita Town House
Monday Overnight: La Bandita Town House
Tuesday Overnight: La Bandita Town House
Wednesday Overnight: Villa Cicolina
Thursday Overnight: Villa Cicolina
Friday Overnight: Villa Cicolina
(Single Supplement $595.00)
Departure: Arezzo Rail Station
Hotels - Where we stay
La Bandita Town House
La Bandita is a luxury boutique hotel in the historic center of Pienza. The building is a rambling Renaissance-era palazzo where nuns have lived for over 500 years. The nuns' cells have been replaced by 12 large guest rooms merging contemporary design with wood beam ceilings, parquet floors, and exposed, centuries-old stone walls. All rooms air-conditioning, hair dryer and free wi-fi access with safety deposit & irons available at reception. Behind the property is a private walled garden with shaded day-beds for lounging and a small plunge pool.
A former country residence of one of Montepulcianos noble families, the 16th century villa has been transformed into an elegant and airy hotel. Carefully restored by its owners, who love to travel, original features have been preserved to maintain the sense of history, while creating the ambience of African safari lodges where the environment blends with stylish and comfortable accommodation. Surrounded by lovely gardens and with an infinity pool and whirlpool bath, it is a haven of peace and tranquility offering stunning views of the Tuscan countryside. The individually designed suites feature an ensuite bath and shower, air-conditioning and heating, a hairdryer, satellite TV, telephone, safe, minibar and WiFi internet access. The cuisine on offer in Villa Cicolinas restaurant is inspired by the products of the region, using Tuscany's famous cured meats, beef, cheeses and vegetables and herbs grown in the kitchen garden and the Villas own olive oil.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants