- Walk amid scenery immortalized in Georgia O'Keeffe's paintings
- Learn about the flora, fauna and geology of the high desert
- Visit 800-year-old cliff dwellings
- See Taos Pueblo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a native guide
- Cross the Rio Grande 650 feet above the river
The landscape that inspired artist Georgia O'Keeffe is our territory for this walk in enchanting New Mexico in the deep Southwest of America.
The major art center of Santa Fe is our starting point for exploring a landscape of rock formations, mountain ranges, aspen and cottonwood forests under expansive skies.
At Bandelier National Monument we find ancient cliff dwellings, kivas and petroglyphs and walk a juniper and pinion pine route through Frijoles Canyon to the Rio Grande.
Sunday Overnight: Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi
Monday Overnight: Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi
Tuesday Overnight: Abiquiu Inn
Wednesday Overnight: Abiquiu Inn
Thursday Overnight: Inn at La Loma Plaza
Friday Overnight: Inn at La Loma Plaza
(Single Supplement $0.00)
Arrival: Santa Fe Departure: Albuquerque
Pre-Walk: 09-Sep-16 and 10-Sep-16
Hotels - Where we stay
Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi
The name and interiors of this boutique hotel just off the citys historic plaza pay homage to the area's native Anasazi tribe and the rich cultural heritage of the region, with a fine collection of art blending Native, Hispanic and Anglo influences. The guest rooms are modern and sophisticated while still celebrating the hotel????????s Southwestern spirit and adobe architecture. Each room has a TV and DVD player; iHome; access to video library; safe; mini-bar; coffee maker; WiFi access; ensuite facilities; twice-daily housekeeping service; complimentary local newspaper. The 40-seat dining room offers traditional Southwestern cuisine in menus which include regional Latin specialties. The hotel's Executive Chef, Juan Bochenski found inspiration in Santa Fe's rich culinary history, as well as ingredients that he finds locally. The Anasazi Bar is known for its Silver Coin Margaritas and classic cocktails. The bar also features a lounge area with additional seating and a dedicated tequila table. Take a seat on The Patio to enjoy the rhythm of life of the nearby Plaza.
Since 1985, the Abiquiu Inn has evolved as a haven for guests seeking quiet and efficient hospitality. A great place to get away from it all, the Inn is situated in the serenity of the Chama Valley and only a few minutes from Ghost Ranch which, we explore for a whole day including a visit to the dinosaur museum. The area around Abiquiu has been a gathering place for tribal people since before the Anasazi settled there more than a thousand years ago.All rooms are en-suite with southwestern decor, color television, telephone, heating and air conditioning. We dine at Cafe Abiquiu, which has a reputation for fine food with a variety of dishes from around the world as well as cuisine from Northern New Mexico.
Inn at La Loma Plaza
Inn on La Loma Plaza, featuring Old World charm, Southwest ambiance and exceptional hospitality, is an elegant Taos Bed and Breakfast Inn located in a quiet and relaxed setting. A truly beautifully restored hacienda sequestered behind thick adobe walls in a quiet park with towering trees, commanding mountain views and expansive gardens. The Hotel features spacious guest areas, with high ceilings, hand-carved wood details, local art, and romantic rooms with wood burning fireplaces, handcrafted furniture, air conditioning, mountain views and decks or patios. A full gourmet breakfast with a buffet is served each morning All rooms have private bath, fireplace, phone, High-Speed wireless internet, TV and VCR. Complimentary spa, pool, tennis and health club privileges.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants