- Walk amid scenery immortalized in Georgia O'Keeffe's paintings
- Learn about the flora, fauna and geology of the high desert
- Visit 800-year-old cliff dwellings
- See Taos Pueblo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a native guide
- Cross the Rio Grande 650 feet above the river
The landscape that inspired artist Georgia O'Keeffe is our territory for this walk in enchanting New Mexico in the deep Southwest of America.
The major art center of Santa Fe is our starting point for exploring a landscape of rock formations, mountain ranges, aspen and cottonwood forests under expansive skies.
At Bandelier National Monument we find ancient cliff dwellings, kivas and petroglyphs and walk a juniper and pinion pine route through Frijoles Canyon.
Sunday Overnight: Inn on the Alameda
Monday Overnight: Inn on the Alameda
Tuesday Overnight: Abiquiu Inn
Wednesday Overnight: Abiquiu Inn
Thursday Overnight: Inn at La Loma Plaza
Friday Overnight: Inn at La Loma Plaza
(Single Supplement $595.00)
Arrival: Santa Fe / Departure: Taos
Hotels - Where we stay
Inn on the Alameda
The Inn is one of the 500 'Greatest Hotels in the World' and is situated in the heart of Santa Fe, between the historic Plaza and the galleries of Canyon Road. This ideal location provides many opportunities for quiet morning walks, exploring museums, shopping, restaurants and local Santa Fe festivities. The Inn offers a secluded setting with private flower-filled courtyards. Each room is designed with emphasis on detail and southwestern style comfort. All rooms are en-suite with local artwork, cable television, plush robes, Egyptian cotton bedding, iron/ ironing boards and hairdryers. Each morning enjoy the 'Breakfast of Enchantment' featuring local fruits, juices, baked pastries, muffins and homemade granolas.
Since 1985, the Abiquiu Inn has evolved as a haven for guests seeking quiet and efficient hospitality. A great place to get away from it all, the Inn is situated in the serenity of the Chama Valley and only a few minutes from Ghost Ranch which, we explore for a whole day including a visit to the dinosaur museum. The area around Abiquiu has been a gathering place for tribal people since before the Anasazi settled there more than a thousand years ago.All rooms are en-suite with southwestern decor, color television, telephone, heating and air conditioning. We dine at Cafe Abiquiu, which has a reputation for fine food with a variety of dishes from around the world as well as cuisine from Northern New Mexico.
Inn at La Loma Plaza
Inn on La Loma Plaza, featuring Old World charm, Southwest ambiance and exceptional hospitality, is an elegant Taos Bed and Breakfast Inn located in a quiet and relaxed setting. A truly beautifully restored hacienda sequestered behind thick adobe walls in a quiet park with towering trees, commanding mountain views and expansive gardens. The Hotel features spacious guest areas, with high ceilings, hand-carved wood details, local art, and romantic rooms with wood burning fireplaces, handcrafted furniture, air conditioning, mountain views and decks or patios. A full gourmet breakfast with a buffet is served each morning All rooms have private bath, fireplace, phone, High-Speed wireless internet, TV and VCR. Complimentary spa, pool, tennis and health club privileges.
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants