- See Palladio's masterpieces
- Escape the crowds in hidden Venice
- Visit First World War battlefields
- Explore the foothills of the Dolomites
- Sample speciality cheese, grappa and prosecco
The medieval town of Vicenza is our starting point for this varied Walk through the celebrated Veneto region of Italy.
The opulence of the Venetian empire is contrasted with the trenches and tunnels of the First World War as we journey across alpine meadows, and through mountain villages and woods. We take a private boat tour of Venice, visit two of Palladio's magnificent villas and explore old Marostica, still surrounded by its ancient walls.
In the mountain resort of Asiago we taste the famous cheese; in Bassano we sample grappa at the Nardini distillery and cross the wooden Palladian bridge, Ponte degli Alpini.
(Single Supplement $635.00)
Hotels - Where we stay
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, cutlure, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with culural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants