- Brilliantly colored wild landscapes that inspired great painters
- Superb gourmet fine dining
- Beautiful old villages and ancient castles
- Private wine tasting
- Visit The Marquis de Sade's village of Lacoste
Discover the brilliant colors of the wild landscape of Provence: the purple of the lavender, the lime-green of fresh vine leaves and deep red of the cherries in Spring, the glorious russets of Autumn, the vivid blue of the Mistral sky and the fabulous sunsets â the landscape that inspired so many Impressionist painters.
Inhale the fragrance of the herbs of the Luberon - wild thyme, marjoram and sage - crushed underfoot as we walk. We traverse age-old paths through fields, vineyards and olive groves, and we stop to sample the wares of a traditional wine grower.
We walk from one perched village to another: Lacoste, castle home to the infamous Marquis de Sade now owned by Pierre Cardin, Menerbes, where Peter Mayle wrote 'A Year in Provence', breath-taking Gordes where we explore dramatic limestone gorges and Fontaine de Vaucluse where the ancient source of the river Sorgue, an eternal underground siphon, gushes out from the deep heart of the mountain.
Our Provence walk is also a truly exceptional fine-dining experience. The region is famed for its abundant Mediterranean produce, enriched with the warmth of the sun, and its superb Chefs who pride themselves on creating imaginative and delicious dishes. From the simplicity of stuffed golden vegetables and salads at lunch to the elegant dining room of Edouard Loubet, a brilliant young 2-star Michelin Chef, every day you will sample the food of a lifetime!
Read the profile of Chef Loubet on our blog where you can also download one of his recipes!
Sunday Overnight: Hotel Moulin de Lourmarin
Monday Overnight: Hotel Moulin de Lourmarin
Tuesday Overnight: La Bastide de Capelongue
Wednesday Overnight: La Bastide de Capelongue
Thursday Overnight: Hotel Les Bories
Friday Overnight: Hotel Les Bories
(Single Supplement $695.00)
Departure: Avignon TGV Rail Station
Hotels - Where we stay
Moulin de Lourmarin
A former 18th century oil mill in the heart of one of the most beautiful villages in France, the Moulin de Lourmarin welcomes its guests to an enchanting setting surrounded by lime trees.
The reception area sets the tone of charm and simplicity for the whole hotel with natural wood and stone, warm colours and traditional decor. Recently refurbished, the bedrooms are individually decorated in the glorious colours of Provence: ochres, blues, whites, ecrus and they offer the usual modern amenties including satellite TV, phone, minibar, safe, air-conditioning and ensuite bathroom with hairdryer.
In the hotel's elegant restaurant, the new Chef, Mr Cyrille Wagner, offers a menu of tasty local ProvenÃ§al dishes.
La Bastide de Capelongue
Hotel les Bories
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, cutlure, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with culural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants