- Experience the remote peace and beauty of Lo Zingaro nature reserve
- Marsala wine tasting at Florio winery
- Visit the temples at Segesta, Selinunte and Agrigento
- Picnic on the Isle of Mozia
- Lunch at a country farmhouse
Greeks, Arabs, Romans and Bourbons fought over Sicily for centuries and all left their mark on the food, the people and the architecture that we see today.
We visit the ruins of Greek temples in the storied Segesta and Selinunte and in the best preserved archaeological site of Agrigento. Walks take us to the mountain-top town of Erice and along the coastal paths of the Zingaro Nature Reserve, so remote that pack horses are used to carry the supplies for maintaining the paths.
We take a local ferry to explore and have lunch on the island of Mozia, once a Phoenician colony and walk along the lagoon through the saltpans guarded by the old windmills.
In Marsala we visit the famed Florio winery and have the chance to sample the local specialty - seafood couscous.
(Single Supplement $595.00)
Hotels - Where we stay
Start planning your trip
What Is Included in the Price of My Vacation
- Full-time services of two staff - a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, cutlure, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with culural and historical interest
- All meals - with choices - (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants